Tuesday, January 29, 2013

You Never Know

You Never Know
January 29, 2013
www.kurtscobie.com/blogs

In 2013 I am trying to focus more on doing. Not thinking too much. Just getting out there and doing.

at the Piano at Red Clay Theatre, photo by Ken N Laura
Last night I obeyed this new rule. And I am glad I did.

On a whim, I decided I would go perform a few songs in the Eddie Owen Presents open mic at Red Clay Theatre. There was much holding me back. The drive, my comfortable living room, and my amazing 5-month-old baby boy were a few factors that almost prevented me from going. But, I decided to fight the resistance and venture out.

It was a great night! Not only did my good friend Carl Dylan show up, but we met some really talented touring songwriters. I ended up swapping info with them and it looks like I have some new friends to play shows with in several different cities across the country! If I had just stayed home, I would have missed out on some new opportunities.

What opportunities might you miss out on if you don't step outside of what is familiar and try something new?


No comments:

Post a Comment