Thursday, August 29, 2013

Feeling Discouraged?

Feeling Discouraged?
August 29, 2013
www.kurtscobie.com/blogs

Feeling discouraged?

So am I.

I mean, by the time you read this I might not be feeling this way. Actually, by the time I finish writing this blog I could be completely optimistic and positive, wondering why I am even writing this post. Discouragement is a feeling, and feelings are more temporary than Facebook's privacy settings.

My point is that it doesn't really matter how you feel (well, it kinda does, but...), what matters is that you push through that. I heard recently that your actions are like the engine of a train and your feelings are like the cars dragging behind. Don't trust your feelings to lead you. Rather, do what it is you know you need to do, and your feelings will follow.

Please note that I am not telling you to disregard your feelings altogether. But, don't let them dictate your actions. Let your actions dictate your feelings. Feel what you feel, but in the midst of discouragement and weariness press on. Move forward.

“Of course motivation is not permanent. But then, neither is bathing; but it is something you should do on a regular basis.” ― Zig Ziglar

My one word for 2013 is "do". No matter what I am feeling, I have committed to taking action. Now, I am not claiming that I have become a task-accomplishing machine. In fact, if I can be completely honest, I have failed this 2013 mantra more than I have succeeded. But, I haven't given up. And that is the key. Don't give up.

Don't give up.

Feeling discouraged? Most people stop just before a major breakthrough. Don't give up.

Don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment